Saturday, September 10, 2011

Another Earth

This is a painting I just did recently. It's an image of a scene from Another Earth, an independent movie that came out back in July. I was really captivated by the look of the images and promotional stills from the film, and when I was looking at some of them I just kept thinking about how cool they would look as paintings or even drawings. So once I decided on the one I wanted to use I  sketched it on a canvas, got out my brushes and acrylic paints and I turned it into a painting. I've been working on it for awhile now and I've finally got it completely finished. Makes for a pretty interesting-looking piece don't you think? For anyone who's curious about the film, I wasn't able to see it myself since it's an Indie Film it came out in a limited release. Although I've heard a lot of great reviews about it and it even won a few awards at the Sundance Film Festival. I'll probably wait and see if it gets released on iTunes so I can check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...