Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Deviations from the Norm

Earlier this year, about 5 months ago to be exact, I finally decided to join deviantart and post some of my work online. I had first heard of deviantart about a few years back and last year one of my friends, who is also a member, had suggested that I should start up a profile of my own and put up some of my work. For awhile I wasn't really sure if I wanted to, but then when I really started checking the site out more and more I thought that maybe it would be kind of cool. So far it's been great. I love being able to see work from some of my other friends who have their own profiles, as well as seeing amazing work done by so many other talented artists. Most of all it's been really great to have my work be appreciated and commented on by other people interested in art.I'd recommend it to any artist who wants to get their work out there and it's a lot of fun. Right now I have about 30 deviations posted so far and now that I've finally got the blog going I can start posting some more work again.Here are some pieces of mine that have been pretty popular, just to give you some examples.









                                                                    Voodoo Doll

                                                                   Wisteria

I'll include more in another post sometime. For the meantime be sure to check out my deviant page ~imake-prettypics and if you're on deviantart maybe add me to your watchlist, please.

http://www.deviantart.com/

2 comments:

  1. theme of your work is very extensive, you have a great imagination:) my favorite is the image of "Nightmare Inspired Sketch." It reminds me a bit of "Starry Night" Van Gogh. great job Taylor:))
    xoxo
    Flara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Flara! You know it's funny you mention that, because I did use a bit of inspiration from "Starry Night" as well. Thank you so much again, I really appreciate it=)! Also thanks so much for reading my blog!

    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...