Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recently

Well these last few weeks of August have been quite interesting. As you all know I live on the East Coast, so basically I spent most of last week making a few preparations in the event of Hurricane Irene. I mean my family and I didn't really go overboard with preparing for Irene. We mostly just stocked up on a few supplies and we moved around a lot of valuable things since we expected mainly heavy rain, strong winds and some significant amount of flooding in our basement, all of which we got. However, when I woke up Sunday morning I didn't exactly expect to see this.
I mean this was just insane, the road had completely turned into a river. I spent most of the morning outside taking pictures of it, because I just never actually had seen this much flooding in my area before it was almost unbelievable.
It was just amazing how much water there was and how high it was too. There was so much water that my neighbors actually brought out their kayaks, because they thought it would be funny to see if they could take a short kayaking trip down the road and so they did.
I know some of you might be thinking that that isn't really an ideal thing to do during a flood, but it was really funny and it helped to kind of lighten the mood a bit. Also, it made for a real nice photo don't you think? As I was taking pictures of the flood, I started to get a bit nervous since I noticed that the water looked like it was getting a lot higher and I wasn't sure if it was going to go down anytime soon. Fortunately for us we really lucked out, because as soon as the afternoon came around the tide started to change and with the help of the wind the water just started to recede by itself. Within less than an hour it was gone, so we got real lucky. We managed to luck out with a lot of things, including the fact that no trees collapsed in our area and we were especially lucky that we still had power. I was especially grateful for that, because the MTV Video Music Awards were also on Sunday and I was real glad that I didn't have to miss it. All in all, it wasn't as bad as it could have been and I'm real thankful for that. So anyways in other artwork-related matters, I didn't get done as much work as I wanted to. I have been painting the past few weeks and I was able to do a lot of painting on Saturday, since the only other thing to do was to stay inside and watch the news, but I got distracted so I have don't have much new work to show you guys yet. Although for the past few days I took pictures of some other work of mine and posted them on deviantart .Here's some.
Paint Bottles

The Forest and the Sad Fairy

Sharpie Still Life
Evan Rachel Wood
Trompe L'eoil Still Life
I uploaded about 13 deviations. Most of them are old pieces that I hadn't gotten around to taking updated pictures of and uploading yet, although there is one of them that is new. Which is this one.
Watercolor Feather

I'll probably be uploading work throughout the week so be sure to keep checking it out. So that's basically what I've been up to recently. Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the day and night since it is the last day of August which means summer is now coming to an end, very sad. So I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the day as well. I also hope that you've all had a great summer and I will talk to you again tomorrow. Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...